Anyhoot- went to to a Yard Sale today. Most of the good stuff had already been sold. I was kinda disappointed - the left over stuff was WAY overpriced so we left. Must not be my day! No biggie!
Then I remembered that I never posted about my out-of-town adventure 2 weeks ago. Mom needed new tires for her car so I went out of town with her and her best friend B. Kinda a "girls day out"! We went to Edgemont,SD. We dropped off the car and walked around. Stopped at this quaint store called Granny's Attic. I knew I was in
They had a bunch of old mason jars, butter churns, LOTs of neat things in there! I was on the hunt for some vintage pyrex bowls. Now I kick myself in the patootey for getting rid of the 1970's "Friendship" pattern Pyrex bowls that I had when I lived in Ca. I was running out of room in my car and needed the money for gas for my cross-state trip - so I sold them at a yard sale that my friend was having! You gotta do what you gotta do sometimes!:(

I didn't have the complete set of Cinderella bowl set (as shown in the pic) but I had the 2 smaller bowls and a casserole dish with the lid. I REALLY wish I hadn't sold it! :( I'll buy it again someday!
However - I did find 2 Pyrex bowls at Granny's Attic that I couldn't pass up! For 3 buckerooni's - I bought these 2: Black and White "Golden Gooseberry" patterned bowls. Good deal eh?! Perfect condition - no chips, cracks or fading of the paint.

I also got this sweet Blue Ball Vintage jar with vintage lid: 5 bucks! Not bad!

I'll go back there again. There were a couple more things I wanted to get, but didn't want to carry while walking all around town (since Mom's car was in the shop for a couple of hours). My hands were getting full. lol I really want the Mrs. Butterworths pancake syrup amber jar that Martha, the store owner had. Remember when they had those jars? They don't come in jars anymore and I always loved Mrs. Butterworth! She had a few other items that I wanted - I'll get them - just you watch.
We also stopped at a Quilt shop so I could go in and look! The store was called " Nuts n Bolts". Sweet Shop. I bought some FQ's there! I must have browsed for a good hour or so - taking my time! Lots of patterns, finished quilts and they even have classes! Woot! I shall look into that!
By this time we were getting hungry so we walked across the street to a 50's diner/grill called "Remember When". Lots of nostaligia, 50s memorabilia, and old black and white movie star photos. Good food! Here's a couple of pics of the inside of "Remember When".


Don'tcha just love the aqua n red sitting area? Oh and the checkered floors? And yep - that's me on the right and Mom on the left!
I've got lots of SD touring to do and I plan on sharing them with you here on my blog. But right now I've got a sweet tooth - and I know just what have. Some Chewy Raspberry Oatmeal bars I made yesterday! 'Til next time - Stay Cool and Be Good to Yourselves!
Hugs & Smiles! ~S~


















it sounds like a grand adventure! I'm glad you and your mom are so close...it is such a gift (one I envy!) And oh to have cocoa..yum.. but too hot in LA right now!
ReplyDeleteNever had Dark Chocolate hot cocoa! It was yummy!
ReplyDeleteSo much to explore in SD. Would love to visit Mt. Rushmore! We will! I've only seen it in the history books. And Custer Park where the buffalos roam and.... ti's gonna be fun! :)
Oh, I do love the red and aqua sitting area. We have also had a wet chilly summer up here in ND! Thanks for the nice comments you left on my blog. I just drew out the shape of the crown on cardstock myself. I wish I would have drawn a template from it for future use! Next time I am having hot chocolate in the summer, I will think of you!
ReplyDelete