Sunday, July 18, 2010

Home Sweet Home in South Dakota . . .

I cannot stress how healing South Dakota has been for me since I've moved here in June! So wanted, deserved and NEEDED!
I thought I'd share some simple beauty and simplicity that I'm surrounded by . . . (these are also in my FB album)


Friendly Fam of horses and Mules that I greet everyday when I'm walking the Fam dog Shunka. They will eat fresh grass out of my hand.

This one is a sweetie! Will kiss my hand! :)

The Fam dog Shunka! She doesn't bark so she's not that great of a watch dog, but she is a real sweetheart! I'm trying to work with her to play fetch - no luck so far. But she did learn "sit". She used to think the 'sit' command was "speak or bark". I had to show her what "SIT" means! She finally got it! Perseverance & patience paid off! lol!

The town Post Office! Cracks me up - a single wide mobile! Just 1 lady employee works in there! I've NEVER seen a PO that small! But they're around! lol


I love this pic. Just a charming photo! This is an old run down Hotel.

I absolutely LURVE the old rustic stove and vintage Coke machine. I'd love to get my hands on that stove, have to find the owner! But then what would I do with it? Hmm! Oh and you can't see - but another funny thing in this pic. - above the door is a sign that reads: "Danger-Cyanide". How cool is that!

A rustic water hand pump that rests on the property! Love it!

a 2-seater OutHouse. This is also on the property! How unique is this?! lol

2 families of Wild Turkeys. Never seen one live IN person person until today! The babies were adorable!

Up Close! Isn't it pretty?

Life is Good! Are you surrounded by Simplicity? Beauty? Tranquility? Share things that make you (-s-m-i-l-e-) and blog about it!

Ok- I'm off to bake some Oatmeal Raisin Walnut Cookies while the house is still cool!

Until Next time . . . Hugs & Smiles!



6 comments:

  1. Beautiful pics, Sandy! Love the 2-seater...I have an outhouse on our property, but it's only a 1-seater, so no company - there are some things I just really wanna do alone, LOL! Glad you are healing in that beautiful setting :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you are doing well there!
    take care
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved your post. How sweet. So agree we need to take time to just enjoy life and you certainly have. Hey, could that old hotel be Bates Motel??? LOL! Just kidding. Love your mules. I'm glad you are doing well. I'm sending you some hugs. I finally feel like a human being again and am back working on my goodies. Talk to you soon. God bless. Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cathy- I thought the same thing as you after I snapped the shot of "The Hotel" funny! :P
    I love HUGS!!! Hugs ya back - One size fits ALL! Woot!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kim- Glad to hear from you! How ya been?! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nadine - LOL - I KNOW what you mean about 'sharing' ugh! hhahhahhahaha!

    ReplyDelete