Saturday, August 21, 2010

Swap It's: Halloween Swap . . .

I'm a swap-a-holic! There I said it! =P I love to create things for other people as well be inspired!
On FaceBook- Kim has a group called "Swap It". She hosted a "Halloween" swap. The deal is you sign up that you're interested. You wait until everyone has been paired up, then you contact your partner and talk about what you want to swap. Can be cloth dolls, bowl fillers, hangers, decorations, or whatever strikes your fancy! It's cool to do it this way! Then you have 2 weeks to complete the project(s) and send it off. If you need more time - just make sure you tell your partners. Communication is KEY!!
I was paired up with Kellie and made a new friend as well. I think it's safe to post here since I don't post my blog link on FB. I know sneaky me eh?

Here's what I made Kellie- she wanted a witch and i love witchy poohs too... so this was a perfect swap!



On the doll everything is made by me except the lil' witch hat that I bought at Michael's. The doll pattern is by Cindy of Homespun from the Heart. I modified the facial features a bit. First time I painted the lips on instead of usual floss stitched lips or noses, used felt instead, - just changed things up a bit. The witch comes complete with a star wand - glittered of course ;). I also made a wooden "K" for Kellie in Halloween colors. Black with crackled orange paint and glitter (you know me). She can use it to hang in her crafts room or as a door hanger around the Halloween season! Extras included candles - everyone HAS to have candles during Autumn. some garden Pumpkin seeds, and some orange candy. According to confirmation delivery- the package has been delivered! Just waiting to hear from Kellie. She's a sweetie - a single Momma and works a lot. Bless her heart - she's doing it and rocks!


Until Next time . . . Hugs & Smiles!

No comments:

Post a Comment